Sr. Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the hospital LAN, WAN and wireless networks. They will be responsible for various stages of the network development. This may include: design, analysis, configuration, testing and fixing issues with the network infrastructure or application components. Troubleshooting of Catalyst / Nexus switches, Wireless controllers, Access Points, ASR / ISR routers.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides mentoring and guidance to the team for complex network configurations and Routing Protocols.
2. Ensures networks are designed, installed and maintained for all JPS locations.
3. Provides subject matter expertise to the Data Network Team Lead and Network Services Manager in the areas of data network design, capabilities, operation, and maintenance.
4. Advanced troubleshooting on operational issues (L2, L3 – Level).
5. Analyzes traffic patterns and implement efficient data traffic routing logic to achieve better application response time.
6. Evaluate new data network technologies that support the mission of JPS’ existing/proposed enterprise applications.
7. Serves as a resource/liaison for the Network Services group to assist other HTS technical, operations and user support staffs.
8. Participates in multi-discipline, technical workgroups in the implementation of new technology initiatives.
9. Collaborates with the Voice Network team to implement converged solutions for voice services, and resolve VoIP operational issues.
10. Implements data network solutions that increase the reliability and performance of new and existing enterprise applications.
11. Maintains current network documentation.
12. Configure and utilize a variety of network management tools (SolarWinds NMS, NCM, NetFlow).
13. Reviews security and network logs and take action as required.
14. Coordinates with outside vendors, including telecom, electrical, and wiring contractors to support projects, new construction, and incident resolution.
15. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Engineering or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- 5 plus years of experience as a Network Engineer or Wireless Network Engineer.
- 3 plus years of experience in ACI technology.
- 7 plus years of relevant work experience as a data network engineer in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
If working with AC (a must)I:
- CCNA (R&S)
- Aruba Wi-Fi & Wi-Fi 6.0 with clear Pass
- Cisco catalyst switches and Nexus 5k, 7k, 9k and Cisco ACI
- OSPF, BGP
- VPNs, Authentication (TACACS, AAA, PKI), 802.1x, NAC (Cisco Client)
- Cisco ACI – SDN
- Palo Alto firewalls